DALWORTHINGTON GARDENS (CBSDFW.COM) – One person was injured Sunday night after a multi-alarm fire destroyed a family’s home in Dalworthington Gardens. The flames were first reported just before midnight in the 3600 block of Orchid Lane.
Firefighters said that heavy flames were shooting from the roof of the 3,500-square-foot house when they first arrived.
The family of five was able to escape, but could only watch helplessly as their home burned to the ground.
There was one injury. A firefighter cut his hand while fighting the flames and had to be taken to the hospital. His injuries were not considered to be serious.
Investigators said that the fire started in the attic of the $400,000 home, but there has been no word yet on what sparked the blaze.
Also Check Out: