DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A man was shot and killed early Tuesday morning during a robbery just outside of a crowded east Oak Cliff bar. The shooting happened at about 1:15 a.m. near Chocolate City, located at the intersection of South Beckley Avenue and Illinois Avenue.
According to police, the victim and his girlfriend got into an argument inside of the club. The couple left the building and, while walking to their car which was parked a block away, were approached by a group of several black males in dark clothing. The group of suspects demanded money and at least one of them brandished a gun.
The victim has been identified as 35-year-old Tommy Heads of Lancaster. He was transported to Methodist Hospital in Dallas, but he later died. His mother told CBS 11 News that Heads was the father of two boys, ages 12 and 8, and that he had just enrolled in classes to become an auto mechanic.
The victim’s girlfriend was not hurt during the incident. The suspects got away with about $100.
Police have not released additional details about the suspects, nor have they said how the robbery escalated into gunfire.
Also Check Out:
- Teacher Suspended After Pouring Pencil Shavings In Student’s Mouth
- Mosquito-Fighting Plan Allows Access To Private Property With No Warrant
- “Sexually Suggestive” Exercises Center of LA Fitness Lawsuit
- Memorial Service Wraps For Chris Kyle
- Police Expand Hunt For Escaped Florida Inmate