DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Fire ripped through a northeast Dallas apartment complex Friday morning, prompting a three-alarm response from Dallas Fire-Rescue. Emergency crews arrived at the Wind Tree Condominiums, located in the 8100 block of Skillman Street, at around 7:00 a.m. to find flames on the second and third floors of the three-story building.
Firefighters started to attack the flames from all directions, eventually extinguishing the blaze after a third alarm was called. Police shut down a part of Skillman Street to assist fire crews.
The apartment building contained 12 units — two of which were vacant. The entire building was deemed uninhabitable and residents were forced to look for another place to live. The American Red Cross and Dallas Fire-Rescue are working to assist those displaced residents in finding shelter.
There were no injuries reported. The cause of the blaze is still under investigation.
Also Check Out:
- Disabled Weatherford Man Files Lawsuit Against Six Flags
- Escaped Prisoner Shot & Killed By Law Enforcement
- Dueling Bobcats Caught On Video In Carrollton
- Dermatologists Share Anti-Aging Secrets
- “Sexually Suggestive” Exercises Center of LA Fitness Lawsuit