Baylor Women Smash Oklahoma 86-64
NORMAN, Okla. (AP) – Brittney Griner scored 15 points, tied her season-high with 15 rebounds and blocked seven shots to lead top-ranked Baylor to its 25th straight victory, 86-64 Monday night against Oklahoma.
After sitting out the last 11 1/2 minutes of the first half with two fouls, Griner returned and hit the first two baskets in a 10-0 run that pushed the Bears’ lead out to 47-30. Baylor (27-1, 16-0 Big 12) led by at least 12 the rest of the way,
Griner moved past Connecticut’s Maya Moore into fourth in career scoring in women’s basketball. Only Jackie Stiles of Missouri State, Patricia Hoskins of Mississippi Valley State and Lorri Bauman of Drake have more than Griner’s 3,045 points.
Aaryn Ellenberg had 19 points to lead Oklahoma (19-9, 9-7). Morgan Hook had 15 points and nine turnovers.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- Disabled Weatherford Man Files Lawsuit Against Six Flags
- Escaped Prisoner Shot & Killed By Law Enforcement
- Dueling Bobcats Caught On Video In Carrollton
- Civil Rights Complaint Filed In Pencil Shavings Incident
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES