Reporting Joe Gomez
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Big Tex returns to official duty at the State Fair of Texas in 211 days, but his restored body is far from complete.
The rebuilding process has begun after the Texas icon was destroyed in a fire at the State Fair of Texas last October, but only in a virtual sense.
Spokesperson Sue Gooding says graphic designers have completed a 3-D rendering for the new and improved Big Tex — and they’re giving Texans a sneak peak.
The video provides a sneak peak into the design process involved in bringing back Big Tex’s left hand.
The design and restoration project is funded by a $160,000 insurance policy and $45,000 in private donations.
Big Tex will be unveiled on opening day, September 27, 2013.
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- Disabled Weatherford Man Files Lawsuit Against Six Flags
- Escaped Prisoner Shot & Killed By Law Enforcement
- Dueling Bobcats Caught On Video In Carrollton
- Civil Rights Complaint Filed In Pencil Shavings Incident