From Texas Rangers
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) - Newly acquired Conor Gillaspie homered off Collin Balester in the sixth inning, helping the Chicago White Sox beat Texas 8-4 Wednesday and drop the Rangers to 0-5 in spring training.
Acquired Friday from San Francisco for minor league pitcher Jeff Soptic, Gillaspie had four RBIs Tuesday aghainst the Rangers.
Paul Konerko hit a two-run homer against left-hander Robbie Ross, and 24-year-old right-hander Simon Castro allowed one hit in three scoreless innings for the win. Chicago (3-0-2) is unbeaten through its first five exhibition games for the first time since moving spring training from Florida to Arizona for 1998.
Alexi Ogando, back in the Texas rotation this year after spending 2012 in the bullpen, was the loser. He allowed a pair of unearned runs and three hits in two innings.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- Disabled Weatherford Man Files Lawsuit Against Six Flags
- Escaped Prisoner Shot & Killed By Law Enforcement
- Dueling Bobcats Caught On Video In Carrollton
- Civil Rights Complaint Filed In Pencil Shavings Incident