Reporting Emily Trube
FORT WORTH (KRLD) – Dr. Temple Grandin has become the face of autism. People are drawn to her because of her amazing ability to describe how she sees the world. She has gained notoriety and respect in the cattle industry due to her innovations of equipment and the treatment of animals.
Grandin, who was inducted into the Texas Cowgirl Hall of Fame a couple of years ago, is an unlikely superstar. Her extraordinary early life was portrayed by Claire Danes in the Emmy Award-winning 2010 HBO Film “Temple Grandin.”
“Not too bad,” she says, “for someone who they thought was mentally retarded and wanted to institutionalize.”
Organizers of the event gave me the opportunity to speak with her before she made her presentation.
(© Copyright 2013 1080 KRLD, CBS Local Media a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- Disabled Weatherford Man Files Lawsuit Against Six Flags
- Escaped Prisoner Shot & Killed By Law Enforcement
- Dueling Bobcats Caught On Video In Carrollton
- Civil Rights Complaint Filed In Pencil Shavings Incident