NEW YORK (AP) – Lauren Silberman is set to become the first women to participate at an NFL combine.
The 28-year-old Silberman will kick Sunday at the New York Jets’ training facility in Florham Park, N.J. She has never kicked anything more than a soccer ball in an organized game and she just started practicing long-range field goals.
She says she hopes to use the weekend as a learning experience and a way to promote more female involvement in the NFL.
Silberman will compete against more accomplished or polished college kickers, all hoping to prove they have the leg strength and accuracy worthy of earning an invite to an NFL training camp.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- Disabled Weatherford Man Files Lawsuit Against Six Flags
- Escaped Prisoner Shot & Killed By Law Enforcement
- Dueling Bobcats Caught On Video In Carrollton
- Civil Rights Complaint Filed In Pencil Shavings Incident