EL PASO (AP) - Jameill Showers, the quarterback Johnny Manziel beat out to become the starter at Texas A&M last season, is transferring to UTEP and will be eligible to play next season.
New Miners coach Sean Kugler announced Wednesday that Showers would be joining the program and have two years of eligibility left.
Showers competed with Manziel for the starting job at Texas A&M last season, but ended up as the backup to the Heisman Trophy winner. Showers was 27 for 44 for 319 yards and two touchdown passes in limited playing time. He also ran nine times for 39 yards.
Kugler, a former UTEP player and coach, was hired in December after Mike Price retired.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- Disabled Weatherford Man Files Lawsuit Against Six Flags
- Escaped Prisoner Shot & Killed By Law Enforcement
- Dueling Bobcats Caught On Video In Carrollton
- Civil Rights Complaint Filed In Pencil Shavings Incident
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES