Reporting Jeff Ray
Filed underEntertainment, Local, Mornings, News, Outdoors, Sports, Syndicated Local, Texas, Travel & Outdoors, Watch + Listen
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - The Texas World Dirt Track Championship takes over the Texas Motor Speedway this weekend. Head out to north Fort Worth to see a diverse group of racers take vehicles up to speeds around 140 mph on dirt and mud. The event is being held on Friday and Saturday night.
One of the dirt track drivers is actually too young to drive — on regular roads. Brandon Hightower got his first race car last year, when he was just 14 years old. He quickly became the sport’s Rookie of the Year. Check out CBS 11 News meteorologist Jeff Ray’s interview with Hightower, as he shows off his skills before the big race, and get a peek at the view from inside of a dirt track race car.
The two-night event includes many races. Click here for more information, including times and ticket prices.
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- Disabled Weatherford Man Files Lawsuit Against Six Flags
- Escaped Prisoner Shot & Killed By Law Enforcement
- Dueling Bobcats Caught On Video In Carrollton
- Civil Rights Complaint Filed In Pencil Shavings Incident
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES