DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Three people whose lives were changed forever by a lifesaving gift got to say thank you to their donor’s family Saturday.
Ty Osman II died in a car accident in East Texas last year. He was an organ donor. Three people who received his organs met Osman’s family Saturday at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, including Paul, who received Ty’s heart. “I am so thankful Ty was lead that way. I am so appreciative. I definitely wouldn’t have been here.”
Ty Osborn’s family set up a foundation to encourage more people to donate their organs. To learn more about the foundation, check out their website at ty2foundation.org.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- North Texas Dad Indicted For Carving Pentagram On Son
- Paramedics Packing Heat? One Texas Lawmaker Says Yes
- DISD Approves School Security Upgrades
- College Players Pepper Sprayed After Basketball Game
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES