ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – A non-profit organization that helps female veterans re-adjust to civilian life after serving in a war zone is holding a retreat in Arlington this weekend.
Sergeant Gianna Castillo of Rockwall plans to be there. She says Grace After Fire gives her the chance to talk with and learn from others who have been where she has been, and seen what she has seen.
“You do go through times where you are depressed. You know, it’s like ‘you used to be hero, now what are you?'”
Grace After Fire’s retreat lasts all weekend. For more information on Grace After Fire’s programs throughout the year, check out their website, graceafterfire.org.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- North Texas Dad Indicted For Carving Pentagram On Son
- Paramedics Packing Heat? One Texas Lawmaker Says Yes
- DISD Approves School Security Upgrades
- College Players Pepper Sprayed After Basketball Game
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES