WACO, Texas (AP) — Baylor University says a freshman student has died after injuring himself by attempting a backflip during a dance rehearsal.
University spokeswoman Lori Fogleman tells the Waco Tribune-Herald that 18-year-old Kevin Signo was rehearsing a dance Saturday night with other members of a Filipino student group. He tried to do a backflip during a break in the dance.
A local justice of the peace says Signo landed on his forehead and critically injured his spine.
He was pronounced dead at about 4 a.m. Sunday.
Signo was from Frisco, Texas, north of Dallas, and studying pre-biology.
Funeral arrangements are pending.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- North Texas Dad Indicted For Carving Pentagram On Son
- Paramedics Packing Heat? One Texas Lawmaker Says Yes
- DISD Approves School Security Upgrades
- College Players Pepper Sprayed After Basketball Game