Tennessee & Kentucky Earn Top SEC Seeds
DULUTH, Ga. (AP) – Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia and Texas A&M are the top four seeds in the Southeastern Conference women’s tournament which begins Wednesday night.
Each of the top four seeds — all ranked in the top 13 — has byes until Friday’s quarterfinals. No. 10 Kentucky earned the No. 2 seed by beating No. 8 Tennessee 78-65 on Sunday.
The No. 12 seed, Mississippi State, plays No. 13 seed Alabama in Wednesday night’s opening game. The winner plays No. 5 seed South Carolina on Thursday. In other games Thursday, Arkansas plays Florida, Missouri plays Vanderbilt and Auburn plays LSU.
The championship game is set for Sunday night.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- North Texas Dad Indicted For Carving Pentagram On Son
- Paramedics Packing Heat? One Texas Lawmaker Says Yes
- DISD Approves School Security Upgrades
- College Players Pepper Sprayed After Basketball Game
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES