DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The search for a serial rapist may be over. According to investigators, a person who was taken into custody on Friday could very well be the man who they have been hunting for years. Fernando Munoz of Lewisville is now sitting behind bars in Dallas.
Police arrested 33-year-old Munoz on several outstanding burglary warrants. Detectives believe that he committed crimes in other parts of the state as well.
Investigators collected DNA from Munoz after his arrest, and are now comparing it to evidence that was collected in four sexual assault cases. Those crimes happened between 2008 and 2013.
Munoz is expected to be in court on Friday for those burglary charges. He is currently being held on a $100,000 bond. Once the DNA testing results come back from the Southwest Institute of Forensic Sciences, police said that he could face additional charges.
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- North Texas Dad Indicted For Carving Pentagram On Son
- Paramedics Packing Heat? One Texas Lawmaker Says Yes
- DISD Approves School Security Upgrades
- College Players Pepper Sprayed After Basketball Game
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES