DALLAS (AP) — A federal judge has denied a request by Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban to throw out a civil lawsuit accusing him of insider trading.
U.S. District Judge Sidney Fitzwater issued an order Tuesday rejecting Cuban’s request for summary judgment against the Securities and Exchange Commission.
The SEC accused Cuban in 2008 of selling shares in Internet search company Mamma.com after receiving confidential information about a private stock offering at a discounted rate. The SEC’s lawsuit says Cuban avoided losses of more than $750,000 by selling when he did.
Cuban has fought the charges and says he never agreed to confidentiality when he received a call from the company CEO in 2004.
Fitzwater said the SEC has enough evidence for a jury to look at the case. Cuban declined to comment.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- North Texas Dad Indicted For Carving Pentagram On Son
- Paramedics Packing Heat? One Texas Lawmaker Says Yes
- DISD Approves School Security Upgrades
- College Players Pepper Sprayed After Basketball Game
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES