HOUSTON (AP) – Retail gasoline prices across Texas have slipped 5 cents this week as some travelers prepare for spring break vacations.
AAA Texas on Wednesday reported the average price at the pump is $3.58 per gallon. Gasoline prices nationwide are also down a nickel to reach $3.73 per gallon.
El Paso has the cheapest gasoline statewide at $3.48 per gallon. The most expensive gasoline is in Dallas at $3.62 per gallon.
An association poll conducted Feb. 25 to Feb. 28 found most respondents are planning at least one spring vacation. The survey found 62 percent indicated making at least one significant budget concession due to high gasoline prices, compared to 61 percent last year.
The survey of 509 Texas AAA members has a margin of error of plus or minus 4.3 percent.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- North Texas Dad Indicted For Carving Pentagram On Son
- Paramedics Packing Heat? One Texas Lawmaker Says Yes
- DISD Approves School Security Upgrades
- College Players Pepper Sprayed After Basketball Game
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES