SURPRISE, Ariz. (AP) – Pitcher Derek Lowe and the Texas Rangers have reached agreement on a minor league deal.
The Rangers announced the deal Wednesday. The 39-year-old righty is expected to report to spring training on Friday.
Lowe went a combined 9-11 with one save and a 5.11 ERA for Cleveland and the New York Yankees last year. He is 175-157 with 86 saves and a 4.00 ERA in a 16-season career with Seattle, Boston, the Dodgers, Atlanta, Cleveland and the Yankees.
Lowe led the AL with 42 saves for Boston in 2000, then was a 21-game winner for the Red Sox two years later.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- North Texas Dad Indicted For Carving Pentagram On Son
- Paramedics Packing Heat? One Texas Lawmaker Says Yes
- DISD Approves School Security Upgrades
- College Players Pepper Sprayed After Basketball Game
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES