TULSA, Okla. (AP) – Nick Russell scored 19 points and Cannen Cunningham had 17 points and five blocks as SMU held off Tulsa for a 71-65 victory on Wednesday night.
Shawn Williams added 13 points and Ryan Manuel 11 for the Mustangs (15-15, 5-10 Conference USA), who made 7 of 9 free throws in the final 52 seconds after Tulsa made it a one-point game.
James Woodard scored 17 points and Scottie Haralson 13 for the Golden Hurricane (15-14, 7-8), who got within 64-63 on Shaquille Harrison’s layup with 1:18 remaining.
Russell hit two free throws to push the lead back to three points, and Pat Swilling Jr. and Haralson missed 3-point attempts on Tulsa’s next possession. SMU then began protecting its lead at the free-throw stripe.
SMU shot 51.8 percent (29 of 56) from the floor and attempted just two 3-pointers, missing both.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- North Texas Dad Indicted For Carving Pentagram On Son
- Paramedics Packing Heat? One Texas Lawmaker Says Yes
- DISD Approves School Security Upgrades
- College Players Pepper Sprayed After Basketball Game
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES