Trucks Top List Of Most Stolen Vehicles
DALLAS (AP) – What the TV ads touting Texans’ love of pickup trucks won’t tell you is that so do Texas thieves.
Ford, Chevy and Dodge pickups top the Texas Department of Public Safety’s list of most-stolen vehicles last year.
The Texas Auto Burglary and Theft Prevention Authority and its vehicle crime task forces say the latest results continue a years-long trend supporting the popularity of pickups.
Fourth on the list is the subcompact Honda Civic, followed by a full-size SUV, the Chevrolet Tahoe.
Rounding out the top 10 are the Honda Accord, GMC pickup, Chevy Impala, Toyota Camry and Ford Taurus.
The prevention authority, part of the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles, says vehicle theft costs Texans more than any other single crime and topped $621 million in 2011.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- North Texas Dad Indicted For Carving Pentagram On Son
- Paramedics Packing Heat? One Texas Lawmaker Says Yes
- DISD Approves School Security Upgrades
- College Players Pepper Sprayed After Basketball Game
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES