AUSTIN (AP) – The Driskill Hotel, which has been a downtown Austin fixture since 1886, has been bought by Hyatt Hotels Corp.
The Chicago-based lodging chain announced Friday that it had acquired the 189-room hotel from an investment fund managed by Lowe Enterprises Investors for a price tag of about $85 million.
In a statement issued Friday, Hyatt said the 127-year-old hotel will continue to be marketed as The Driskill Hotel under the umbrella of Hyatt Hotels & Resorts.
Hyatt also said the hotel will undergo a two-year renovation costing about $8 million renovation to, in the words of the company statement, “preserve its reputation as one of the most storied hotels in Texas.”
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Woman Uses Electrical Cord To Discipline Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Lily The Rabbit Still Lucky With Only Two Legs
- Little Boy’s Dancing Steals Spotlight at Rascal Flatts Concert
- Teen Killed By Oncoming Train In South Fort Worth
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES