Big 12 Coaches Tab OSU’s Smart As Top Player
DALLAS (AP) - Oklahoma State guard Marcus Smart has been voted the Big 12’s best player and top freshman by the league’s coaches.
The All-Big 12 awards selected by the 10 coaches were announced Sunday night.
Smart joins Texas’ Kevin Durant (2007) and Kansas State’s Michael Beasley (2008) as the only dual honorees.
Kansas State’s Bruce Weber was picked as the Big 12’s top coach.
Joining Smart on the All-Big 12 first team are Kansas senior center Jeff Withey, Jayhawks freshman guard Ben McLemore, Kansas State guard Rodney McGruder and Oklahoma forward Romero Osby.
Five guards make up the second team: Baylor’s Pierre Jackson, Kansas’ Travis Relaford, Kansas State’s Angel Rodriguez, Oklahoma State’s Markel Brown and Iowa State’s Will Clyburn, a transfer from Utah who was newcomer of the year.
The Associated Press releases its awards Monday.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Woman Uses Electrical Cord To Discipline Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Lily The Rabbit Still Lucky With Only Two Legs
- Little Boy’s Dancing Steals Spotlight at Rascal Flatts Concert
- Teen Killed By Oncoming Train In South Fort Worth
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES