HURST (CBSDFW.COM) - A driver was trapped for more than an hour after a car crash in Hurst early Monday morning. The incident happened just before 4:30 a.m. along Mid Cities Boulevard, near Grapevine Highway. The driver’s vehicle smashed into a light pole, sending the pole deep into the car.
The crash victim — identified simply as a man in his 50s or 60s — was transported to the hospital by air ambulance with life threatening injuries. He had been trapped in the car for 90 minutes while crews worked to free him from the wreckage. The man was later pronounced dead at the hospital.
Authorities have not said exactly how the crash took place, but the Hurst Fire Departmant said that speed is likely a factor. The pole ended up in the car’s backseat. Oncor was also called to the scene to assist with the light pole and downed power lines.
Also Check Out:
- Woman Uses Electrical Cord To Discipline Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Lily The Rabbit Still Lucky With Only Two Legs
- Little Boy’s Dancing Steals Spotlight at Rascal Flatts Concert
- Teen Killed By Oncoming Train In South Fort Worth
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES