DALLAS (AP) — Former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger visits North Texas for a speaking engagement.
Kissinger is to address the World Affairs Council of Dallas-Fort Worth at a midday luncheon Friday at the Hilton Anatole in Dallas.
Kissinger served as secretary of state in the administrations of Presidents Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford. He executed the policy of detente with the Soviet Union, engineered diplomatic recognition of mainland China and negotiated a ceasefire agreement with North Vietnam that led to U.S. withdrawal from South Vietnam.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Deion Sanders Divorce Drama Gets Nastier With Steroid Allegations
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Cowboys Roll Tide In Latest Mock Draft
- Four Adults Found Dead In Mesquite Home
- Good Samaritan Critically Injured Helping Driver