Cowboys Sign LB Ernie Sims To 1-Year Deal
Cowboys CentralShop for Cowboys Gear
Buy Cowboys Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
IRVING (AP) — The Dallas Cowboys have re-signed linebacker Ernie Sims to a one-year deal worth a reported $715,000.
Sims joined the Cowboys in midseason last year when defensive leader Sean Lee was lost for the season with a toe injury. The seven-year veteran ended up making six starts and finished with 42 tackles in 10 games.
Sims will be in a group of players batting for a starting job at outside linebacker. The Cowboys are switching to the 4-3 defense, and Sean Lee and Bruce Carter will fill two of the starting spots. Lee is likely to be the middle linebacker.
The 28-year-old Sims was a first-round pick by Detroit in 2006 and spent four seasons there before a year each in Philadelphia and Indianapolis.
Also Check Out:
- Emmitt Smith Says New Safety Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
- Deion Sanders Divorce Drama Gets Nastier With Steroid Allegations
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Dallas Hospital Offers Free Facial Surgery For African Girl
- Good Samaritan Critically Injured Helping Driver
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES