From Texas Rangers
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
SURPRISE, Ariz. (AP) – Yu Darvish has been scratched from his scheduled spring training start Monday night for the Texas Rangers because of stiffness in his neck.
Darvish said in a statement that the move is “just precautionary” and that he would have made the start in the regular season.
The Japanese ace said he felt what he called a very mild strain in his neck during a workout Sunday that caused the stiffness.
In his first three appearances this spring for the Rangers, Darvish has allowed only one run with 10 strikeouts in 8 2-3 innings.
Derek Lowe, who agreed to a minor-league deal with Texas two weeks ago, was set to start in Darvish’s spot against Kansas City.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Emmitt Smith Says New Safety Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
- Deion Sanders Divorce Drama Gets Nastier With Steroid Allegations
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Dallas Hospital Offers Free Facial Surgery For African Girl
- Good Samaritan Critically Injured Helping Driver