Study Outlines Cost Of Demolishing Astrodome
HOUSTON (AP) - The cost of demolishing the vacant Astrodome and building a parking lot in its place would be about $29 million.
That’s according to a study commissioned by the Houston Texans and the city’s Livestock Show and Rodeo. Harris County Judge Ed Emmett and the county’s commissioners received copies of the study on Monday.
The Astrodome sits unused and decaying next to Reliant Stadium. The study recommended simply imploding the stadium at a cost of $7.3 million; the rest of the cost includes surveys and engineering expenses.
The study says the entire project could be completed within 2 1/2 years.
KRIV-TV first reported the details of the study, performed by construction firms The Linbeck Group and Walter P. Moore.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Emmitt Smith Says New Safety Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
- Deion Sanders Divorce Drama Gets Nastier With Steroid Allegations
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Dallas Hospital Offers Free Facial Surgery For African Girl
- Good Samaritan Critically Injured Helping Driver
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES