DALLAS (AP) – Advance bids for a copy of The Beatles’ “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” album autographed by all four band members are even higher than the auction house anticipated.
Dallas-based Heritage Auctions said Friday that bidding for the 1967 album has reached $110,500 and could surpass $150,000 by the March 30 auction. Heritage originally estimated the album would go for around $30,000.
The Beatles signed the album on the gatefold above the pictures of their heads.
The auction company’s consignment director, Garry Shrum, says there’s no telling when an autograph of such quality will show up again and “people are responding to that.”
Shrum says the bidding seems to have “taken on a life of its own.”
Bids started at $15,000 and include the buyer’s premium.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Emmitt Smith Says New Safety Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
- Deion Sanders Divorce Drama Gets Nastier With Steroid Allegations
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Dallas Hospital Offers Free Facial Surgery For African Girl
- Good Samaritan Critically Injured Helping Driver
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES