DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – Dallas Police say one man is behind all three sexual assaults in the Lake Highlands area.
At a news conference Friday afternoon, Major Jeff Cotner revealed two sketches but emphasized police are looking for a single suspect.
Victims of the February 22 and February 15 attacks provided the descriptions for the two sketches. The victim of the March 19 rape did not provide a sketch description.
Initially, police thought there could be up to three different men responsible for the attacks. Earlier in the week, DNA evidence ruled out the man police suspected for the February 15 attack.
Despite the dual sketches, Cotner insists that “the DNA profile tells us that it is one guy for all three” rapes. Cotner also said the suspect’s DNA did not show up as a match when entered into statewide and national databases.
Along with the sketches, Cotner reiterated that the suspect should have scratch or bite marks on his face, cheeks, neck, hands and fingers, including a deep laceration on one finger.
“Our victims provided this information to us and they encountered a very violent attack. This information is through their trauma and this is what they can provide us. Based on the individual dynamics of their attack this is what they can give us,” said Cotner. “Our suspect can be black, he can be dark complected he can be Hispanic. I don’t know.”
DPD released the following details and suspect descriptions from each sexual assault:
- On February 22, 12:45 a.m., a suspect broke a window to gain access to a home. The suspect is described as a Black male, 35 years old, 5′ 10,” 180 lbs. with dark hair, medium skin tone and head shape, with no facial hair, wearing a dark jacket and dark pants. He spoke English with an African accent and used a knife.
- On March 13, 10:05 p.m., a suspect broke a window to gain access to a home in the 10000 block of Ferndale. The suspect is described as a Latin male, 25 years old, 5′ 9,” 200 lbs. with dark hair, medium skin tone and round head shape, with no facial hair, wearing long shorts and an unknown shirt. He spoke English with a Spanish accent and used no weapon.
- On March 19, 6:55 a.m., a suspect kicked in a door to gain access to a home in the 8700 block of Aldwick Dr. The suspect is described as a Latin male, 28 years old, 5′ 6,” 140 lbs. with short brown hair, light skin tone and thin head shape, with a thin moustache, wearing a grey hoodie and black gloves. He spoke English with a Spanish accent and used no weapon.
Dallas police are aggressively pursuing this case, sending a swarm of officers to any call of a suspicious person in the area.
Friday evening, DPD’s helicopter circled the neighborhood, responding to one of those calls and creating a mix of fear and hope for residents.
“We were hoping there hadn’t been any other incident, but hopefully maybe they were finding him,” said Nanette Lewis.
More than 100 tips have come into Crimestoppers regarding the three sexual assaults. The reward for a Crimerstoppers tip leading to an arrest and conviction of a suspect now stands at $25,000.
Also Check Out:
- Emmitt Smith Says New Safety Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
- Possible New Miami Dolphins Logo Leaked
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Suspect In DeSoto Murder-Suicide Was Former Police Officer
- PD: Two Dead After Shooting At Maypearl Home
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES