SURPRISE (AP/CBSDFW.COM) – Lance Berkman homered and drove in three runs, while Alexi Ogando pitched six scoreless innings as the Rangers topped the Reds 7-2.
Craig Gentry tripled in the first and scored on Berkman’s sacrifice fly. Berkman’s fourth-inning homer landed in the Rangers’ bullpen beyond the right-field fence with Gentry aboard.
Reds pitcher Bronson Arroyo left his start after getting hit on his pitching hand by David Murphy’s line drive. Preliminary X-rays detected no break. Arroyo allowed three runs and nine hits in 5 1-3 innings before being led off the field by a trainer.
Ogando, set to be a starter this season after spending last year in the bullpen, limited the Reds to three hits. He walked one and struck out five, throwing 56 strikes in 82 pitches.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Emmitt Smith Says New Safety Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
- Possible New Miami Dolphins Logo Leaked
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Suspect In DeSoto Murder-Suicide Was Former Police Officer
- PD: Two Dead After Shooting At Maypearl Home
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES