AUSTIN (AP) - Gov. Rick Perry is expected to lead a rally in support of traditional values at the Texas Capitol.
Conservatives who oppose abortion, gay rights and premarital sex are scheduled to gather at noon on Tuesday.
The event is organized by a group called “Texas Values.” Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst and other Republican and conservative leaders are expected to speak and attend.
The group says it wants to limit no-fault divorce, promote abstinence education and protect the state’s Christian heritage.
Perry prides himself on his social conservatism. He is adamantly anti-abortion and opposes gay marriage. The Legislature is considering several bill this year that would place further restrictions on abortion.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
- Possible New Miami Dolphins Logo Leaked
- Suspect In DeSoto Murder-Suicide Was Former Police Officer
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Emmitt Smith Says New Safety Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES