FRISCO (CBSDFW.COM) — A 17-year-old and 15-year-old face charges of arson and criminal mischief related to three structure fires that occurred on March 24 at unfinished home construction sites.
The largest fire resulted in the ‘total loss’ of the property, totaling around $250,000 in damages. Dispatchers were alerted off the fire at 6:22 p.m. at 15178 Beckley Lane in Frisco. The blaze was controlled by 6:46 p.m., but the house frame burned to the ground.
“The radiant heat was so hot it damaged one of our engines and a ladder truck,” said John Gillette, Frisco Fire Marshal. “The extreme heat broke glass and melted some of the plastic elements on our vehicles and equipment.”
The second fire was set at 11239 Ashley Drive and resulted in $500 of damages to a second floor ‘media room’. The third fire, which was confined to a living room fireplace at 15196 Bardwell Lane, did not result in any damage.
The 17-year-old was arrested and jailed as an adult; the 15-year-old was detained and taken to the Collin County Juvenile Detention Center.
Also Check Out:
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
- Possible New Miami Dolphins Logo Leaked
- Suspect In DeSoto Murder-Suicide Was Former Police Officer
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Emmitt Smith Says New Safety Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES