Shatner Kicks Off “Star Trek” Lottery Game
DALLAS (AP) – Actor William Shatner has helped hundreds of science fiction fans celebrate a new Texas Lottery $3 scratch-off game featuring a “Star Trek” TV show theme.
Shatner, who portrayed Capt. James T. Kirk in the television series, was not in costume Saturday but hundreds of fans were at the Dallas Convention Center.
Lottery spokeswoman Kelly Cripe says about 560 fans dressed as their favorite “Star Trek” characters for the chance at prizes. Shatner helped award promotional perks such as trips to a fan convention in Las Vegas.
Tickets for the new scratch-off game officially go on sale Monday. The Texas Lottery game includes more than $13.8 million in prizes.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
- Possible New Miami Dolphins Logo Leaked
- Suspect In DeSoto Murder-Suicide Was Former Police Officer
- Woman Defends Beating Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Emmitt Says New Rule Means NFL Has “Lost Its Mind”
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES