AP Source: Texas Tech, Tubby Smith Agree On Deal
LUBBOCK (AP) – Tubby Smith is coming to Texas Tech to try to turn around another wayward program.
A person with knowledge of the deal says Texas Tech agreed to terms Monday with Smith on a contract to be its next coach. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because an official announcement has not been made.
Smith takes over for interim coach Chris Walker, who went 11-20 this season and just 3-15 in Big 12 play. The program is still reeling from Billy Gillispie’s volatile one-year tenure, which ended when he resigned in September.
Smith was fired by Minnesota last week after six seasons. He led them to three NCAA tournaments and this year delivered the program’s first tourney win _ over sixth-seeded UCLA _ since 1997.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Kaufman County DA Mike McLelland And Wife Found Dead
- Victoria’s Secret’s New Lingerie Line Has Parents Outraged
- Homeowner Says 911 Hung Up On Them
- I-Team Investigates Identity Theft Targets In Texas
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES