KAUFMAN (AP) – A slain Texas prosecutor and his wife will be remembered at a public memorial service Thursday in suburban Dallas.
Officials with The Honor Network on Tuesday announced arrangements for Kaufman County District Attorney Mike McLelland and his wife, Cynthia. Both were found shot to death Saturday in their house near Forney, about 20 miles east of Dallas.
Investigators say suspicion in the slayings has shifted to a white supremacist prison gang. Nobody has been charged.
Honor Network spokesman Chris Heisler says the public memorial service will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at First Baptist Church of Sunnyvale. The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at First Baptist Church in Wortham. Burial will be at Wortham Cemetery.
Wortham, where McLelland grew up, is 75 miles south of Dallas.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Kaufman County DA Mike McLelland And Wife Found Dead
- Victoria’s Secret’s New Lingerie Line Has Parents Outraged
- Homeowner Says 911 Hung Up On Them
- I-Team Investigates Identity Theft Targets In Texas
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES