MESQUITE (AP) — Texas Gov. Rick Perry says a slain prosecutor and his wife were aware of the dangers of his job but his determination to “do right” by people wasn’t diminished.
Perry was among those who spoke Thursday at a memorial for Kaufman County District Attorney Mike McLelland and his wife, Cynthia. Both were found shot to death Saturday in their house near Forney, about 20 miles east of Dallas. No arrests have been made.
Their deaths came two months after Kaufman County Assistant District Attorney Mark Hasse was gunned down Jan. 31 while going to work. His death is unsolved.
Perry says Hasse’s death weighed “heavy” on the McLellands’ minds and hearts. And he says they were too vibrant and full of life to be gone so quickly.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Kaufman County DA Mike McLelland And Wife Found Dead
- Victoria’s Secret’s New Lingerie Line Has Parents Outraged
- Homeowner Says 911 Hung Up On Them
- I-Team Investigates Identity Theft Targets In Texas
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES