AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Gov. Rick Perry says former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher “served with grace, dignity and an ‘iron’ will.”
Thatcher died from a stroke Monday at age 87.
In a statement, Perry said her death “marks the end of an era in which bold conservative values faced down tyranny and oppression to open the doors of freedom and democracy.”
Perry said Thatcher’s legacy “will inspire new generations to embrace the conservative principles that promote political and economic freedom.”
He added that his and his wife Anita’s thoughts and prayers are with Thatcher’s family.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Kaufman County DA Mike McLelland And Wife Found Dead
- Victoria’s Secret’s New Lingerie Line Has Parents Outraged
- Homeowner Says 911 Hung Up On Them
- I-Team Investigates Identity Theft Targets In Texas
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES