Longhorns Receiver Arrested On DWI Charge
Sports Fan Insider
AUSTIN (AP) - University of Texas receiver Kendall Sanders has been arrested on a drunken driving charge.
A Texas A&M University police spokesman said Sanders was arrested after being stopped for an unspecified traffic violation about 2:40 a.m. Saturday. The College Station street runs through campus but isn’t on A&M property.
Brazos County records show that Sanders was booked into the county jail just after 5 a.m. and released on $3,000 bond before 8 a.m.
In a statement Sunday, Longhorns coach Mack Brown said UT would monitor the situation and “do what’s best for the university, Kendall and the team.”
Jail records don’t show whether Sanders has an attorney.
Sanders will be a sophomore next season. He emerged from spring practice as one of the favorites for Texas’ No. 3 receiver spot.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Kaufman County DA Mike McLelland And Wife Found Dead
- Victoria’s Secret’s New Lingerie Line Has Parents Outraged
- Homeowner Says 911 Hung Up On Them
- I-Team Investigates Identity Theft Targets In Texas
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES