New Art To Be Unveiled At Dallas Love Field
DALLAS (AP) – Seven new works of art are set to be unveiled at Dallas Love Field as part of an ongoing renovation of the airport.
Officials with the City of Dallas’ cultural affairs office and aviation department will unveil the works Tuesday afternoon at the city-owned airport.
The works are part of the Love Field Art Program, which when complete will include 15 pieces. There will be 11 new commissions and the return of four works that were original to the airport.
New works include a 60-foot mural featuring Texas wildflowers near the security checkpoint from Houston artist Dixie Friend Gay. Dallas artist Lane Banks created a geometric design for the floor of the entrance tunnel to the ticketing hall.
Renovations at the airport are to be completed in fall 2014.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Kaufman County DA Mike McLelland And Wife Found Dead
- Victoria’s Secret’s New Lingerie Line Has Parents Outraged
- Homeowner Says 911 Hung Up On Them
- I-Team Investigates Identity Theft Targets In Texas
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES