DENTON COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) – A Denton County Sheriff’s deputies shot a man in the arm as they tried to take him into custody at a home near the 6600 block of Grissom Road.
Alberto Contreras, 19, walked away from a courtroom hearing this morning, where he was set to appear on assault, DWI and other alcohol related charges. Contreras was able to escape while the baliff was busy with another prisoner.
Deputies found Contreras hours later. He was shot as he resisted arrest, according to the Denton County Sheriff’s Department. The deputy who fired the shot has been placed on administrative leave, pending an investigation by the Texas Rangers. His name is not being released at this time.
Contreras is expected to survive. He will be returned to jail and face additional charges once he is released from the hospital.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Kaufman County DA Mike McLelland And Wife Found Dead
- Victoria’s Secret’s New Lingerie Line Has Parents Outraged
- Homeowner Says 911 Hung Up On Them
- I-Team Investigates Identity Theft Targets In Texas
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES