Texas Ethics Commission Up For Review
Get Breaking News First
AUSTIN (AP) - The Texas Ethics Commission is up for review and some possible changes at the state Legislature.
The House Elections Committee will consider significant changes to the commission, which collects campaign finance reports and investigates complaints against elected officials and lobbyists.
There are few limits on campaign contributions in Texas, so disclosure forms filed with the ethics commission are the main method of tracking political influence. But lawmakers complain that one minor error on a form is treated the same as a major violation of law.
The disclosure process also relies on old technology, and lawmakers will consider updating the process. The details of those and other changes will be made Monday afternoon in Austin.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Kaufman County DA Mike McLelland And Wife Found Dead
- Victoria’s Secret’s New Lingerie Line Has Parents Outraged
- Homeowner Says 911 Hung Up On Them
- I-Team Investigates Identity Theft Targets In Texas
- Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES