West Dentist Using Dental Records to Identify Dead
Get Breaking News First
WEST (CBS 11 NEWS) - For dentist Larry Sparks, repairing the ceiling at his office caved in by the impact of Wednesday’s explosion was the easy part of his day.
The hard part came, he said, when he was asked to pull dental records.
Some of the bodies pulled from the rubble needed to be identified.
“It’s emotional,” said a teary eyed Sparks.
Sparks has had a dental practice in West for 29 years.
Like most who live in the small central Texas town, Sparks knows everyone who has been killed.
In this town, he said, neighbors are like family.
“I think has to do with the Czech and that eastern European mindset and work ethic,” he said.
Sparks plans to finish the repairs this weekend and have his office open again by Monday.
As the only dentist in town, he said, some jobs just have to be done.
Also Check Out:
- Irving Bus Crash Leaves 2 Dead & Dozens Hurt
- JP To Be Charged With Murders In Kaufman County
- Texas Airman Reunited With Puppy Met Overseas
- Firearms Company Relocating To North Texas
- Deadly Dallas Shooting Leads To Police Chase & Standoff
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES