AP — The Big 12 wants to have a greater postseason presence in Florida and get into more bowls that its fans can reach by car.
Commissioner Bob Bowlsby says the conference would like to have agreements with five or six bowl games.
All the major college football conferences are about to ramp up negotiations with bowl organizers as they try to put together postseason lineups for 2014 and beyond.
Bowlsby and the other nine major conference commissioners, along with Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick, will meet in southern California this week to pick to the final three bowls to be involved in the six-site playoff rotation. Once those are in place, the conferences can turn their attention to the other bowls.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Irving Bus Crash Leaves 2 Dead & Dozens Hurt
- JP To Be Charged With Murders In Kaufman County
- Texas Airman Reunited With Puppy Met Overseas
- Firearms Company Relocating To North Texas
- Deadly Dallas Shooting Leads To Police Chase & Standoff
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES