FORT WORTH (AP) - Cold case investigators say a North Texas woman has been charged in the 1986 death of her toddler nephew after he had been in her care.
Fort Worth police say Patricia Ann Jones was arrested a few days after 19-month-old John P. Jones died but formal charges were not filed and she was freed.
The aunt on Tuesday was charged with murder after police recently took another look at the case. Mansfield city jail records show Jones was being held Wednesday on $25,000 bond. Online jail records don’t list an attorney for Jones.
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports the woman’s then-husband took his nephew to a hospital on Sept. 4, 1986. The child had a head injury, lost consciousness and died five days later.
Police don’t expect more arrests.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Dozens Feared Dead, Hundreds Injured In Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- “Small Amount Of Looting” At Texas Blast Site
- Texas Rocked By Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- Secret Service And Local Police “Ready” For Dedication
- Former Kaufman County JP’s Wife Charged With Murder
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES