DALLAS (AP) — A former Texas parole officer has been sentenced to almost two years in federal prison for taking bribes from a man she supervised and not reporting his alleged financial violations.
A federal judge sentenced Nichelle Derricks in Dallas to 20 months in prison on Wednesday. The 37-year-old Cedar Hill woman had pleaded guilty to honest services wire fraud in January. She could have received up to 20 years in prison.
Court documents indicate Derricks was a Texas Department of Criminal Justice official when she had an improper relationship with a male parolee. Investigators say Derricks received cash, gifts, furniture, food and other valuables from the parolee.
Also Check Out:
- Dozens Feared Dead, Hundreds Injured In Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- FAA Furloughs Impact Passengers & Businesses
- Funeral Services Set For Dallas Fire Captain Killed In West
- Texas Rocked By Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- West Residents Wait; Pray For Missing
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES