Kemp Police Chief Rescued From Abandoned Water Well
KEMP (CBSDFW.COM) – The Police Chief of a North Texas town was rescued on Tuesday after falling more than 15 feet into an abandoned water well.
The Kaufman County Sheriff’s Office received a report of loose livestock at 8:56 a.m. and dispatched a deputy to put the cows up. Kemp Police Chief Jimmy Council also responded to assist.
Chief Council checked on-scene with the deputy at 9:05 a.m. A short time later, Council contacted the Kemp City hall by cell phone text message, alerting them that he had fallen into the well.
Deputies identified his location and used a long dog leash to reach him until fire-rescue arrived on scene.
Council appeared to suffer only minor injuries and was transported by EMS to a local hospital.
Also Check Out:
- I-Team: Website Allows Users To Rate Prostitutes
- Fort Worth Teen Arrested With Pressure Cooker, Fertilizer In Trunk
- Keller ISD Alum Among 4 Killed In Crash
- Police Searching For Missing North Richland Hills Teen
- West Fertilizer Plant Explosion Cause Could Take Weeks
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES