Follow the action on Twitter by using the widget on the righthand side of this page.
FORT WORTH (AP) - American Airlines and US Airways will soon announce the senior executives of their combined company.
CEOs of the airlines said Monday that an announcement could come in late May or early June.
The companies in February announced they’ll merge and create the world’s biggest airline. The deal could close before the end of September pending regulatory approval.
US Airways Group Inc. CEO Doug Parker will run the new carrier, which will keep the American name and headquarters in Fort Worth. Tom Horton, the CEO of American parent AMR Corp., will serve as chairman for a few months and then leave.
Representatives of both airlines will meet in the Dallas-Fort Worth area this week to focus on issues such as how the merger is presented to customers.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- I-Team: Website Allows Users To Rate Prostitutes
- Fort Worth Teen Arrested With Pressure Cooker, Fertilizer In Trunk
- Keller ISD Alum Among 4 Killed In Crash
- Police Searching For Missing North Richland Hills Teen
- West Fertilizer Plant Explosion Cause Could Take Weeks
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES