DENTON (AP) – Former George Mason guard Vertrail Vaughns has signed to play his final college season at North Texas.
North Texas coach Tony Benford announced the Vaughns signing Monday.
Since Vaughns will graduate from George Mason this spring with a bachelor’s degree in integrated studies, he’ll be eligible to play one season for the Mean Green starting this fall.
Vaughns, who’s from the Dallas suburb of Mesquite, made 39 percent of his 3-pointers (99 of 257) at George Mason. He played 107 games at George Mason, starting in 33 of them in 2011-12 and 36 of 38 games last season when he averaged 5.8 points a game.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- I-Team: Website Allows Users To Rate Prostitutes
- Fort Worth Teen Arrested With Pressure Cooker, Fertilizer In Trunk
- Keller ISD Alum Among 4 Killed In Crash
- Police Searching For Missing North Richland Hills Teen
- West Fertilizer Plant Explosion Cause Could Take Weeks
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES