FRISCO (AP) – Je-Vaughn Watson’s tiebreaking goal in the 77th minute lifted FC Dallas to a 2-1 victory over D.C. United on Saturday night.
Jackson also scored for league-best Dallas (7-1-3), which extended its unbeaten streak to 7-0-2. Dallas also improved to 6-0-1 at home while outscoring opponents 12-4.
Watson’s first goal of the season was set up by Michel’s corner kick that bounced past several players on both teams before hitting Watson’s stomach near the far post and rolling in.
Dwayne DeRosario scored the only goal for United (1-8-1), which lost a franchise-record seventh straight contest by a combined margin of 18-4.
DeRosario’s tying goal in the 44th minute was the first one allowed by FC Dallas in the first half all season and represented the D.C. captain’s 101st career goal, tying him with Taylor Twellman for sixth on MLS’ all-time list.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- North Texans Spend Millions On Non-Existent Federal Taxes
- Pet Food Stamp Program Started For Low-Income Families
- I-Team: Website Allows Users To Rate Prostitutes
- Source: Free Doesn’t Think He’ll Stay With Dallas
- American Hires First Flight Attendants Since 9/11
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES