HOUSTON (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – It was a scare in the bottom half of the ninth inning, but Rangers Closer Joe Nathan was able to get the Rangers out of the jam.
Adrian Beltre, Nelson Cruz and Lance Berkman all homered to back up another solid outing by Yu Darvish, and the Texas Rangers held on for an 8-7 win over the Houston Astros on Saturday night.
Darvish (6-1) yielded three hits and three runs in seven innings. In his previous outing against the Astros, he came within one out of pitching a perfect game at Houston on April 2.
Houston led 3-1 before it was done in by its bullpen during a six-run sixth inning by the Rangers.
Cruz, who also homered on Friday night, got things going with his two-run homer off reliever Philip Humber (0-8) that tied it.
Pinch-hitter David Murphy put the Rangers on top with an RBI double.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
Also Check Out:
- North Texans Spend Millions On Non-Existent Federal Taxes
- Pet Food Stamp Program Started For Low-Income Families
- I-Team: Website Allows Users To Rate Prostitutes
- Source: Free Doesn’t Think He’ll Stay With Dallas
- American Hires First Flight Attendants Since 9/11
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES